Your entry will not be complete until you have filled out your entry form, paid your entry fee, uploaded your documents, and filled out your biography.
General AWDF Championship Rules
- The trial/stadium field and tracking grounds are off limits to all handlers for 2 weeks prior to the competition.
- Championship helpers may not work any dogs entered in the championship fourteen days before the event and until the Championship trial activities are complete.
- During practice you may use food or toys on the field. Please be careful not to leave any food on the field. E-collars and pinch collars maybe used in sportsmanlike manner during the practice session, along with other normal training equipment such as leashes and long lines. After the official start of the trial (draw night) e-collars and pinch collars are no longer allowed at the venue, including the parking lot, etc.
- You must have current membership in your AWDF breed or sport club and be in good standing with the AWDF.
- You may enter through your breed club or sport club.
- Your dog must be 18 months old.
- You must have an AWDF or FCI recognized scorebook.
- Your entry and scorebook must be approved by your breed club.
- Practice times will be scheduled. All trial equipment (obedience and protection) will be in place.
- You must be entered in the trial and fees paid to add your name to the sign-up sheet. Depending on the number of entries, practice may be one or two days.
- Each person will be given 5 minutes for an obedience session and 5 minutes for a protection session. You are encouraged to sign up in groups to allow for more time on the field.
- Please practice good sportsmanship when using the wall, jump etc.
- You must provide your own helper and their equipment.
- Handers are expected to conduct themselves in a sportsman like manner. Actions deemed unsportsmanlike toward the practice official or another competitor or their dogs may be grounds for dismissal from the championship.
- You may use food or toys on the field. Please be careful not to leave any food on the field. E-collars and pinch collars maybe used in sportsmanlike manner during the practice session, along with other normal training equipment such as leashes and long lines. After the official start of the trial (draw night) e-collars and pinch collars are no longer allowed at the venue, including the parking lot, etc.
- All competitors must attend the draw. For IGP 1,2, and 3, the draw is on Thursday. For BH, FH1 and IGP-FH, the draw is Friday night (time and location to be announced). We have scheduled it this way with the hope that it will reduce the time BH, FH1 and IGP-FH competitors may have to take off from work. This is the draw for flights. The draw for order within a flight at tracking will be conducted at the trial field, after tracks have already been laid, under the supervision of the Phase A Judge.
- The draw will be conducted in catalog order.
- You must present your original scorebook at the draw. Photocopies will not be accepted. Be sure you have room in your scorebook for the trial entry.
- If you have a bitch in season, notify one of the trial chairpersons as soon as possible. We may suggest one hotel for Bitches in Heat and announce same to all competitors. We understand this is a suggestion and cannot be made a requirement. Bitches in heat may track together within one flight and show for B and C after all dogs have completed B and C so this means B and C will have to be done on the same day, as their stadium practice and ample rest. The Trial Veterinarian will determine whether a bitch is in heat. Final protocol will be determined after entries close.
- No trading of draw positions will be permitted.